ISS Analytics analyzed pay data for “same-store” CEOs within the Russell 3000 to better understand the sentiment of compensation committees and how their thinking evolves year-over-year.
This presentation reviews compensation headlines from early data:
- CEO pay raises among the largest in a decade
- Pay ratio generates lots of conversation, but is hard to interpret
- Novel compensation programs begin to gain traction
- More scrutiny on pay magnitude for large-caps
- High-profile say-on-pay problems
- ISS support rate running high, in line with early-season expectations