DATE PUBLISHED: MARCH 14, 2022
With the 2022 proxy season underway, ISS Corporate Solutions (ICS) has examined a number of key governance factors for selected regional indices to review what happened in the 2021 proxy season. The third in the series covers the 235 companies in Canada’s S&P/TSX Composite Index, and looks at shareholder proposals, director elections, Say on Pay results, and changes in CEO pay. This follows the second in the series, which covered the S&P500.
- The financial sector was the target of most shareholder resolutions
- Most shareholder resolutions addressed the issue of climate change
- Directors received very high levels of voting support
- Barely a handful of Say on Pay votes failed to pass
- Almost half of all CEOs received a pay freeze or a pay cut