Manage your governance program year-round by drawing on our deep expertise and market-leading governance data.
Industry Leading Data.
ICS’ Governance Premium is the most comprehensive solution available, with an extensive collection of data, analytical tools, and a dedicated advisor to help you optimize your corporate governance strategy, anticipate shareholder concerns, and craft cogent meeting agendas and proxy disclosures.
The ISS ESG Gateway
Access a range of high-level ISS ESG corporate ratings, scores, and fund ratings.
BUILD & MAINTAIN THE RIGHT GOVERNANCE STRUCTURE
QualityScore premium tools can help you benchmark governance risk and uncover opportunities to optimize your investor potential. Many leading institutional investors use ISS Governance QualityScore to measure governance risk in their portfolios, while companies use QualityScore to identify areas that investors may see as presenting governance-related risk and inform their governance decisions.
Our advanced QualityScore tools, along with support from an expert advisor, allow you to:
- Understand how investors perceive your governance program by analyzing the four categories of your QualityScore Profile factor-by-factor
Benchmark governance practices to identify:
- Drivers of recent score movements
- Areas where you stand out among peers
- Opportunities to improve your score
- Key trends in your coverage universe
- Determine how changes in your practices impact the way investors may perceive your governance risk using Goal Seek and Sensitivity Analysis
PINPOINT RISKS & DEVELOP ROADMAPS
A first step in developing a governance roadmap is understanding a company’s current risks and vulnerabilities. Next, potential changes need to be assessed and prioritized.
ICS advisors along with our online platform will help companies identify governance risks and develop a near- and mid-term roadmap to improve shareholder value and uncover opportunities to maximize a company’s appeal to investors.
- 650,000 data points on governance practices
- 1.25M ISS research proxy analysis & vote recommendation reports
- 33,500 companies covered by ISS Research
- Details on 170,000 directors
- Robust SEC filing search tool
- Proxy proposal reviews related to governance issues
- Pre-shareholder engagement support
- Governance roadmap building
- Board education and benchmarking
- Pre-IPO advisory services
- White papers and webinars on trending topics
- Premium content libraries
- Access to all historical ICS newsletters and articles
- Custom-tailored alerts on proxy research, ISS recommendation conflicts, and specific agenda items
ANALYZE INSTITUTIONAL VOTING BEHAVIOR
Using our robust database, analyze and anticipate institutional voting patterns and vote results across management and shareholder proposals, including Say-on-Pay, ESG Proposals, contested elections, Proxy Access, and Director elections.
Retrieve vote results for specific proposals by geography or industry, filter by institution, and compare voting behavior of multiple voting institutions side-by-side.
Aggregate your investor vote results from past meetings and filter by Proposal Category. Download a Shareholder Analysis report to identify risks and outliers in support of your shareholder engagement efforts.
Our comprehensive voting database and model provide an innovative vantage point on engagement and proposal design and are used to:
stronger proposals by analyzing vote outcomes for similar proposals
your shareholder engagement strategy by analyzing past shareholder support
proposal frequency and success rates before you issue your proxy
ARCHITECT SHAREHOLDER ENGAGEMENT
According to an ISS/IRRCi Shareholder Engagement Study, while 83 percent of companies report that their shareholder engagement efforts are having some success, only about half of companies say their engagement activities are becoming more successful and constructive.
Utilize ICS’ data, analytics, and advisory services to prepare you to:
- Engage with your shareholders (via pre-and post-engagement services)
- Inform your board and executives (via customized reports and presentations)
ICS will help you prioritize outreach, maximize effectiveness, and have a more thorough understanding of the significant players and manage the key governance issues facing companies today.
UNDERSTAND ESG ACTIVISM
- Use our Shareholder Proponent database to analyze more than 10,000 shareholder proposals since 2010
- Evaluate the pattern of proposals that receive a strong support
- Strategize engagement efforts with the proponent and investors
- Build robust governance programs to reduce activist risks